Photo Cred: Museum of Ice Cream
The holidays are here, and that can only mean one thing…it’s time for exciting, seasonal holiday pop-ups to warm our hearts, inspire us, and help set our minds towards the coming new year. These short term pop-up spaces embrace the spontaneity and artistry practically defines NYC, and they fully embody the novelty, romance, and warmth of experience that we have come to associate with this time of year. So in honor of the coming holiday season, we wanted to take a moment and highlight the NYC holiday pop up shops we are most excited for in 2019.
- Goop Gift NYC- Let’s face it, holiday shopping can be stressful. So why not let the editors and buyers from Goop magazine handle it for you. From now until December 24th, visitors can visit Goop’s exclusive Bond Street location where you can browse through the greatest hits of the goop shop with products featuring skincare, homeware, cookware, clothing, and accessories. Goop even features a curated personality quiz to help you nail down the exact gift for the exact person.
- Museum of Ice Cream- Running from December 14th- March 1 in Manhattan’s exhilarating Meatpacking district, the Museum of Ice Cream is a multi-sensory adventure that features installations designed to bring your sweetest cravings to life. Visitors can savor their sweets of choice while cruising down an epic three story slide, riding on a speciality Museum of Ice cream subway tram, and can even take a swim in the world’s largest sprinkle pool. It’s the novelty event to end all novelty events, and one that you will surely not want to miss out on this holiday season.
- The Sloomo Institute- Another sensory drive museum, The Sloomo institute is all about one thing; slime. An artistic experience engineered to let you cultivate and express your inner child, the sloomo institute isn’t just about indulging in adolescence adventures, it’s about art, expression, and stress relief. Running in Manhattan for the next few months, the Sloomo is a once in a lifetime experience you will surely want to indulge in this holiday season.
- Kohl’s Holiday Pop Up- Kohls is a brand that has fully embraced the potential of the pop-up shop mentality. While the brand does not currently hold any long-term real estate in NYC, they have made significant investments in their annual holiday pop up to offer incredible deals to their customers and build significant brand awareness as they introduce new lines and designs to their inventory.
- AV Norden Pop Up Shop- Established in 2018 in Brooklyn, AV Norden’s now annual pop up shop features sustainable fashion designed by Nordic brands, highlighting exciting news companies like Blaa, Kivat, and MP Denmark. Every partner featured has shown a commitment to sustainability, and the entire event is modeled as a celebration of the incredible progress being made in the fields of ethical manufacturing and ecological friendly fashion.
By the looks of it, 2019’s holiday pop up showcase is going to be one for the books. With so many incredibly unique and artistic pop-up options, you have no excuse this year to show up to the holidays with the same old boring gift in hand. This holiday, embrace what’s original and exciting about NYC and give your shopping session a spice of life by visiting any of these incredible pop-up spaces.